Here at Parachute HQ we are incredibly excited about the capabilities and possibilities in the web development industry with regards to responsive design and mobile web browsing.
That’s why when we read the Google/Nielsen market research report about how Mobile Search Drives Conversions we did so with a great big grin adorning our faces. We love numbers we can really sink our teeth in to, and this particular number is quite eye-opening, not to mention indicative of the direction mobile web browsing is heading:
55% of conversions happen within an hour of Mobile Search!
In addition to this a whopping 77% of Mobile Search happens at home or work, whilst shopping queries are twice as likely to be made in store. The ease and convenience of Mobile Search seems to win the day when it comes to researching a potential purchase or action.
Some of the key takeaways from the Google/Nielsen market research report are:
• The majority of mobile searches occur in the afternoon or evening
• 77% of mobile searches are in a location likely to have a PC available
• Speed and convenience are the key drivers of mobile search
• 73% of mobile searches trigger additional action and conversions
• 45% of all mobile searches are goal-orientated (conducted to help make a decision)
It has clearly never been more important to ensure that your website is mobile optimized. If your competitors are offering the speed and convenience of mobile search and web browsing by readying their website to meet the needs of smartphone and tablet users, and you’re not, where do you think all those lovely conversions are going to go?
Contact us today to discuss responsive web design.